Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Welcome to The Rainbow Reader

Greetings, and welcome to a new blog called The Rainbow Reader.

I am an avid reader, and like to think of myself as a connoisseur of fine lesbian literature.  My goal with this blog is to provide fair, unbiased reviews of old and new books written for, by or about lesbians.  I want to discuss writing styles and approaches of various authors, talk about publishing companies, and focus on various issues, trials, and triumphs facing those brave souls with the guts, grit, and stamina to take on this niche market.
 
I invite readers to comment freely, make suggestions about recent and upcoming releases, and spotlight emerging authors.  More than anything, my goal is to make sure the best writers and the best books get into the hands of as many readers as possible.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Salem, Google search results led me to your blog. And I enjoy reading your reviews on lesbian novels very much.
    Could you review Beautiful Strangers by Dean Ellen sometime in the future? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings, Anonymous - glad you found your way to The Rainbow Reader. Thanks for taking the time to read the reviews, and making a great recommendation. I have not read Beautiful Strangers, but will put it on my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Salem.

    A couple of weeks ago I read The Target (Gerri Hill) and enjoyed it so much I picked up The Killing Room (also Gerri Hill) shortly after. Oh yeah, in that order. Of course I laughed after finding your blog tonight and reading of your similar experience.

    I felt when reading The Target that the cop and dog were a bit out of place, as they sort of strangely swooped in and swooped out before I had time to digest it or figure out why I was supposed to be invested in either of them (though, who doesn't love a doggie hero?). Ultimately, I've enjoyed both books and intend to continue sponging up Gerri Hill's books when I can. Thanks so much for your spot-on reviews. I'm a big fan of them and your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous - thanks for stopping by and sharing! Glad I am not the only one out there that scratched my head, only to go "Aha!" a couple of pages into 'The Killing Room'. [grin] Thanks also for your kind words about the blog, it truly has made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Salem,

    I just wanted to drop you a line and tell you I really enjoy your reviews. You were a journalist in a past life, right?
    Anyways, If you have time and haven't already read it, I recommend reading Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters. It's a somewhat older book (1998) but I would thoroughly enjoy reading your thoughts on it.

    JJ

    ReplyDelete